A smile makeover gives you a new set of sparkling white teeth, a confident smile, and a change in your whole self-image. People who elect to have a smile makeover are often insecure or not proud of their smile. A person with a wide-open smile and an impressive set of teeth appears honest, happy, and confident. Alternatively discolored teeth, unhealthy gums, cracked, chipped, unevenly aligned, or unevenly spaced teeth. A smile makeover can change all that and improve the aesthetic appearance of the smile.
What are the processes included in a smile makeover?
Here are some of the treatments that might be included as part of a patient’s smile makeover:
- Dental veneers are custom-made coverings glued to the front of the teeth. They change the color, shape, size, or length of teeth.
- Orthodontics realign crooked teeth or adjust jaw position.
- Teeth whitening removes stains using either LED lights or a hydrogen peroxide gel.
- Gum contouring allows more teeth than gum to show in a smile.
- Gum conditioning uses methods to retain healthy gums and prevent infection.
- Dental bonding repairs damaged teeth using a selected color composite resin.
What steps are involved?
Here is what goes on when a patient is interested in getting smile makeover treatments:
- The dentist assesses the patient’s dental problems.
- The first consultation usually involves smile simulation software.
- The patient receives a treatment plan and quotation.
- The dental technician creates a prototype of the new teeth and smile.
- The dentist fits and adjusts the 3D prototype of temporary teeth.
- The dentist makes relevant
- The dental technician makes the final porcelain veneer.
- The dentist places the veneer over the teeth.
What does a smile makeover cost?
The cost of a makeover is dependent on the number of changes required. A reputable dentist should carefully explain the various processes listed in the quotation to their patient. In doing this, they should compare the ‘nice to have processes’ with what is essential. The final decision largely depends on the size of the patient’s wallet. The costs of different procedures vary from practice to practice, so it is a good idea to get several quotations beforehand. The cost of porcelain veneers varies from $900 – $2,500 per tooth, and the cost of composite bonding ranges from $250 – $1500 per tooth.
How do I choose the right dentist?
Dentists learn smile makeover basics when they go through dental school. A few dentists study further to practice solely in cosmetic dentistry. The simple answer is to do your research and choose wisely.
Is the process painful?
A smile makeover is less invasive than regular dentistry, and modern local anesthetics ensure that the patient is comfortable and pain-free. The patient may feel slight discomfort in the jaw or gums.
Do the results last forever?
No. Porcelain veneers are usually guaranteed for three years, and they can last more than 15 years. Whitening usually lasts 1 – 3 years if the patient does not smoke or drink excess coffee or tea.