Looking for an easy way to get rid of toothache? A toothache is a very painful experience no one wants to endure. Even though there are many over-the-counter options to treat it, they can be expensive and not readily available.
Fortunately, there are other remedies that help to fight oral pain. You do not have to rush to the dentist as there is an easy way for you to get rid of toothache instantly.
Five easy ways to get rid of toothache
Here are some simple home remedies that can get you relief from toothaches:
- Saltwater: You have probably heard about this toothache remedy before and research shows that it works fine. Salt is a natural disinfectant. It can also help to fight inflammation and boost healing of any wound in the mouth. To get the best result, pour ½ tablespoon of salt into a glass of warm water. Then, rinse your mouth with the mixture. You should feel instant relief as the act of rinsing helps to remove food particles and other debris trapped between your teeth
- Ice press: Compressing a pack of ice against your skin has been proven to relieve any kind of pain. You do not need to buy an ice pack to make this work. You can use ice from your freezer, put it in a bag, and wrap it with a thin cloth. Place it on the spot of your aching tooth for about 15 minutes. Doing this will numb your nerves by overpowering the pain signal from your brain
- Garlic: Most people do not like the smell of garlic but if you want to reduce your toothache, you just have to ignore it. Garlic is a spice that is popular for its many medicinal properties. It is an antibacterial agent that fights dental plaque and it is also a natural pain reliever. For an easy way to get rid of toothache, you can make a paste by crushing garlic and apply it to the pain region, or you can chew on the garlic for a few hours if you can stomach it
- Onion: The phytochemicals in this vegetable acts as a natural antibacterial agent that can target the germs causing your pain. The best way to use onion to relieve your toothache is to cut it in chunks and chew it on the affected area. By doing this, the juice from the onion can deeply infiltrate your teeth and heal your pain faster. Be careful not to use sweet onion for this treatment because the more pungent red and yellow varieties have more healing properties
- Thyme: Since the time of ancient Egyptians, thyme has been known as a powerful herb. Its antioxidant and antimicrobial properties can help you fight the infection that may be causing your toothache. There are two ways you can use thyme essential oil as an easy way to get rid of toothache. First, you can add a few drops of thyme essential oil into your regular mouthwash. The second method is to mix the thyme oil with water and use a cotton ball to apply it on the area you feel the most pain
Try any of these for fast toothache relief
A toothache is a medical condition that can be caused by many different factors. Book an appointment with a dentist if you try the remedies mentioned above for two to three days and the pain persists.